Sunday, July 6, 2008

A Happy 4th of July

We really had a fun 4th of July this year. We started the day with a rainy parade but we had a great time anyway. Steven and Laura enjoyed walking to the car splashing in the puddles. Then Chris got home and we went to a bbq. WE both met a few more new people. Then we went to a park and watched the fireworks. Someone there was playing music over a speaker and that provided for some good fun dancing. I spent some time reflecting about what a great blessing it is to live in America. When I was in Russia everything there was so uncertain. The best anyone did there was buy a two bedroom apartment and only a few people owned a car. The people that I knew in Perm would never be able to live in a house like I have and it is very small for American standard of living. Even though we live in a economically uncertain time I'm not worried about wether I will have enough food to feed my children. I have so many wonderful things because I live in America.

5 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Oh my goodness, that is hilarious! I love the dancing till they drop part, so awesome!

Dave and Mel said...

Cute video!! The kids loved it and we are really hoping to see you in August in UT- when will you be there?
Also, are you coming to Boston?? Glad OH is treating to well :)

Hill Family said...

Natalie,

I was so nice to look at the pictures of you family. You guys give me hope that residency is better than medical school (although to be honest med school is easier than I thought it would be). I always think of the Russia on the 4th of July too... that all seems so long ago. Sometimes I can't believe we did that together and were that brave. It was a lot of fun wasn't it!

Dallon and Heidi Jones said...

love the dancing, Laura has got the moves. We had a great time at your fourth of july party thanks for hosting!

Cheryl said...

How cute! You've got those videos down! We loved watching the dance show. Glad you all are doing well.

Contributors