Saturday, November 15, 2008

Aspiring superhero/firefighter/docter.

Inspired by Chris's post I thought I would share a conversation I had with Steven this moring. We were eating breakfast and Steven randomly asks
" Mom when I"m a daddy will I get a diploma?"
I say " Well you will if you go to school. Daddy got one because he finished going to school to learn how to be a docter. You don't have to be a daddy to get a diploma.
Steven says " Well I think I will have a few babies before I get my diploma."
I say " So do you think you will learn how to be a docter too?"
Steven says " Oh yeah I think I will but first I want to be a superhero and then a firefighter."
I say "That should keep you pretty busy but it will look good on your application."
Steven says. "Do you think it will be okay if I go to the same school as daddy?"
I say " Yes that would be fine"
Steven say " Would it be okay it I worked at the same building as Daddy?"
I say " yes that would be okay as well."
Steven say. "would it be okay if I always live in the same house as daddy?"
I say " hmmm well that one might not work out."
Steven then asks " Mommy can I be done now?" He then flies off the table, because he is currently wearing his superman costume. He wears it to bed every night lately except when it is dirty, then he wears his batman costume.

5 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

One day you'll remember that moment when he DOES get his diploma and you'll bawl your eyes out! So cute!

Sarah said...

Hey Natalie! Your kids are darling! They look so much like you!

Brandon said...

It was good to read your last few posts--a good reminder for me of what I can expect. I'm glad that you are doing well, despite all of the late nights. I can't imagine...I thought it was hard when Brandon was at boot camp for 6 weeks, but the everyday grind must be killer. I wish you lived closer although Ohio isn't that far from Chicago if you ever want to visit. Miss you Russian sister! Oh and do you have any of the recipes from Russia? I lost all of mine after we got married, but would love to make some of them for my family sometime.

Kellie Jean said...

This is soooooo funny! Thanks for sharing, it gave me a good laugh. You better start saving for his education now!

Jill said...

This is what happens when we raise our children around such educated men! I miss that cute little guy! Tell everyone hi for us!

Contributors