Thursday, March 12, 2009

Chris's birthday and other thoughts

I recently have read the book The Kite Runner followed by A thousand Spendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini . These two books especially A Thousand Spendid Suns have really changed my perspective on my own life. I have been amazed at how cruel the Taliban really is. I often listen to NPR while I am fixing dinner and tonight it was a report about how they are gaining power in Pakistan. My heart hurt hearing about it. Now that I have read these books it was easier for me to imagine the constant fear people are currently living with. The other thing that I have been pondering on was how blessed I am to be a women born in America in the church. When I think of all the people that are born in the world it is astounding really how blessed I am. Which leads me to Chris. I always appreciate that I have a really good man but recently I have felt overwhelmed by how blessed I am to have a husband that I not only love but that is my good friend. I miss him when he is gone but I am comforted by the knowledge that it is important work that he does and that he is helping people. He is such a great father and husband. He had the last week off in February and we went to Milwaukee to see my brother. I had such a great time with him. I love him so much and I hope he has a great 30th birthday.

4 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

SERIOUSLY Natalie, I think about this a lot! I feel SOOOOOOO grateful to have been given the life I have and born where I was. SOOOOOOO grateful and I need to show the Lord this gratitude so much more often!

Meagan said...

I've been wanting to read those books. Thanks for post. Its nice to be reminded how blessed we are. Oh-and Happy Birthday Chris. We like you too!

TP said...

Happy b-day Chris and Aaron! It looks like the cake was really good!

Unknown said...

Natalie,
I too loved reading those books and it did make me eternally grateful for the blessings that I have.

Contributors