Thursday, June 12, 2008

Our New Backyard Paradise

It all seems too good to be true. I can't believe I have this wonderful back yard. We were even able to put in a nice big garden. I bought the slip and slide and the kiddie pool for the kids to play in while we put in the garden. We planted the next day and the kids enjoyed helping put in the seeds. We put in cantalupe corn, beans pumpkins butternut squash, zuchinni, summer squash, potatoes, onions, green peppers, broccoli and some zinnia and sunflowers line the edges. Everything has already sprouted except the carrots. I hope they come up. Since we got here we have been working hard on the yard and also painting. We are done painting the rooms we are going to paint and now we are working on finishing up unpacking. I am hoping to be all done before Chris starts oriantation next week. We were so grateful for my parents who came and helped us for a week. Thank you mom and dad! The kids are absolutely loving the backyard as well as having stairs that is one of their favorite places to play. I am feeling very blessed!






The house has a really nice patio. We weren't eating on it though because it was too hot!



The only way to play in 90 degree weather!





Aaron loves our new backyard too!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Natalie,
Thanks so much for posting this blog. How I love to see what is happening in your lives. I am so excited for your house and yard. I too am grateful for your wonderful parents who came to help. I love you and Chris and the kids.

Kiesha said...

I'm so happy for you guys! We live outside in the summer. My yard is much roomier then my small house. I love your patio! Now you just need a fire pit and you won't ever have to go anywhere again!

The Thompsons said...

How fun!! I wish we could come play in that fun backyard~ I am glad ypu are doing so well!! We miss you!

Unknown said...

What a fun backyard! There is so much room. I am officially jealous, but I guess our time will come soon enough...hopefully.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Beautiful! You guys are such a cute, fun family. I wish we lived closer!!!

Caroline said...

Yes, I agree that is a paradise! I am sure you and the kids are in heaven. The slip and slide looks like a blast, we'll have to try one of those out.

Heather W said...

I'm so jealous. Our backyard is really tiny and is full of weeds and probably scorpions too. I might be motivated to clean it up if it wasn't 115 degrees outside. Glad to see you are enjoying life in Columbus!

Contributors