Monday, May 26, 2008

Good -Bye Hershey

Today I went running on my favorite trail here in Hershey for the last time. It is so pretty here and I am really going to miss it. I have run this trail so many times running past the duck pond, and up through the nature trail past Shank park. This is my time to think and also to pray. It is running on this trail where my best ideas come. Running has always been an outlet for me and the pretty scenery was an added bonus. Yesterday was my last day at church. It was a really sad day for me. I did really well until relief society. I was standing in the back of the room holding Aaron and I looked around at all the women sitting in the room and I thought about how each of them had taught me, inspired me, helped me, and been my friend. Some of them I have come to love very much. I was grateful for the many hugs I recieved and for all the sweet sisters who cried with me as I said my good-byes. It is so hard to leave knowing that many of these people I won't see again. Yesterday I also spent a lot of time reflecting on the last four years here. So much has happend and we have changed and grown in so many different ways. When we moved here Laura was four months old. She is now four years old and Steven and Aaron were both born while we lived here. It has been a wonderful, difficult, trying, and fun four years. Hershey PA we will miss you.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You will be missed very much as well! I wish I would have realized it was your last Sunday. Jaedon was sitting there, and usually every Sunday, when he spots Laura and Steven, he will say excitedly, "Stevie and Laura!!" Good luck and we'll miss you!

Caroline said...

I feel your pain! Leaving Hershey is so hard. I'm about to start crying for you. I'm so glad we met there and will always have the hershey connection.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Ohhh, that is so hard! We'll be leaving Logan in a few weeks and I had to talk in church...I was just a blubbering fool! You grow so close to people when your family is away, they become your second family. Where are you guys moving? Did I miss that part? Good luck with everything!!

Kelley Flint said...

You guys will definitely be missed. I always enjoyed coming to your house each month and just chatting. Columbus is lucky to get you guys.

Nic said...

Hi Natalie...This is actually Meagan...not Nic. I am feeling the Hershey pains right now too! I miss you all already! Hope all is well with you guys! WE MISS YOU!

Kellie Jean said...

Hey Natalie,
I hope your trip to Ohio was good. You are already missed. Bennett told me he was sad that Steven was gone. It was out of the blue and took me a minute to get what he was saying! Your family is the best. We will miss you.

Abs said...

I was actually just talking to one of my sisters about you today and how I loved running in Hershey. I really think some of my favorite runs were when we ran oh so early in the morning with your head lamp to guide us. If only I was in that kind of shape again. Leaving Hershey is difficult, but the comforting thing is that you have the Church where ever you go. Good Luck!!

Just US said...

Good Luck Natalie
I'm sure you already know that great things are in store for you!
Carley

The Thompsons said...

We really miss you guys! I hope everything is going okay for you. Keep us posted!!!

Contributors