Monday, January 26, 2009

January Update

We have been enjoying a lighter month with Chris around a lot more. It has been really nice to have dinner together and be able to spend time together with the kids. He still has occasional late nights and he is on call every sixth night and we miss him then but mostly this month is great. I have Laura and Steven enrolled in a sports class at the rec center. It is basically a preschool p.e. class. They have loved it and really look forward to it every week. Laura is also in a ballet class at the rec center and she is loving that. For Christmas Laura got a calendar and I wrote for her on the calendar when her classes are and when pre-school is. She is very aware of what day it is and what she has going on. Now when I am not sure what the date is I just ask Laura. "What is the date Laura?" "Its the number 26 mom." She loves to know what is going on and has a strong desire to understand things. She is learning to read some and when she wants to she does really well. When it's my idea she is a little resistant, so I don't really push her. The other day on our way to COSI the children's science museum we were stopped at a light and something was really stinky. Laura says to me " Mom are your shoes old?" I said "yeah they are relatively old why?" "I think it's your feet that is making it so stinky."

Steven is also ever entertaining. He is the creator of most of the games that he and Laura play. Recently he came up with the game Noah's Ark. They take all the cushions off the coach and then fill it up with animals. Once the ark is full they then jump on the coach when the rain starts. The downstairs coach is free game for any abuses they think of. He still wears his batman or superman much of the time. He also is often running around with his knight costume on. That was a knew addtion from Christmas. He is about as happy a kid as I've ever come across and he makes me laugh every day. This past month has been a rough one for him. He has been sick for most of it. He is so tired of being sick. He is currently on antibiotics for an ear infection and now he has what we call the puking cough. The laundy has been running constantly and we all gear up when we hear he is hacking again.

Aaron, well he is just so darn cute and we love him. He is also a really happy guy execept when teething. I especially love that he is sleeping through the night after I finally got tough enough to let him cry it out. I should have done that a long time ago but we are grateful he is doing so well now. Look what my hair can do. This kids hair is tragically not curly but it has it's own style.
We had some fun on Sunday with face paint.













Chris was post call on Saturday so we went to COSI while he was sleeping. it was really crowded but we managed to see a weather show where they made a cloud out of liquad nitrogen. I think kid space was still the favorite of the day for everyone else.

Aaron especially had a great time at COSI. He cried when I took him from the water table. He had fun squirming around exploring things. (He still doesn't crawl at 11 months.)











9 comments:

Caroline said...

I'm glad you are enjoying a slower month! The kiddos sound so cute and fun, I wish we could have a play date. Aaron is looking so big, and I'm glad he is finally sleeping through the night. COSI looks like a lot of fun, especially during this crazy cold time of year. You guys are such a cute family, we miss you!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

You're such a cute mom Natalie!!! And your kids are the cutest things I've EVER seen!! I love their dimples, huge eyes, and gorgeous smiles! WHY!? Natalie WHY don't you move here!? We need a good doctor in OJland!!!! When Chris is done, come HERE!!! I miss you like crazy!!!

Kiesha said...

I'm gonna have to steal your calendar idea. Riley is always asking me what's going on this day or that so problem solved! She too is very independent and wants to know and do everything she can on her own. Aaron has all the sudden grown up! Sam didn't crawl until she was around 11-12 months either and didn't walk until like 16 months. Sure makes Sunday School/Releif Society easier when they can't move though. :)

TP said...

I'm glad Chris is able to be home more. Laura is so cute. We understand the whole puking cough thing. Lil is really good at that when she gets sick. It was good to hear from you guys again. Your kids are adorable and growing up so fast.

Unknown said...

I can't believe how big Aaron and Steve look. Steve doesn't have that little toddler face anymore. I love Aaron's hair too!! Too cute.

Meagan said...

Sounds like you guys are having fun! Your kids never cease to crack me up. They are getting so big too! Aaron is ADORABLE! (Mason has those same slipper/sock/shoe things from target and we love them!) Thanks for the post! As always, we miss you!

Hansen Family said...

Oh I feel for you!!! You will be done when we will. Nate will be doing a fellowship also:( Natalie we miss you. You keep hanging in there. It will get better who knows when but it will:) Its a VERY good thing that you are a n amazing mom and you love your kids. The kids need you so much which you have already experience but when the dad is gone alot the kids are so grateful that you are home with them. If you ever need to call or email me I am there for you:) Starting July Nate starts research for two years. I am hoping and praying it will be a good two years. And your kids oh boy they have grown:) I have a picture of Kaitlyn and Steve when they were very little. So cute:) Have a good weekend:)

The Thompsons said...

Oh.. we miss you guys!!! Aaron is so darn cute..just like your other two. Addy wanted to have a girl valentines get together and put Laura on her list of friends to invite....we wish you were close enough to play!!!

Unknown said...

Your kids are so cute, and looks like they are having soo much fun in each photo. You guys must be great parents.

Contributors