Thursday, April 8, 2010

Laura and Aaron's birthday's

February brought more Then just a lot of snow this year. It also brought my mom from Utah. She stayed for about 10 days and helped us celebrate Laura and Aaron's birthdays. Laura's birthday was is on the 29th but we celebrated it on the 25th since that was the day that worked best for Chris's schedule. Aaron's birthday is on the 27th and we actually celebrated it on that day which is unusual for us. We are always changing birthdays and holidays to fit our schedule. IT was wonderful having my mom here she has boundless kid energy. This picture shows what she was busy doing from early in the morning when they went down and woke her up until bedtime.
Laura chose crapes for her birthday breakfast, and of course she wanted to make them herself.

With a little persuading she agreed to let Steven help with the crepe making.
Laura's birthday breakfast. I am actually in the picture since my mom was there.
Laura picked this rainbow cake for her birthday because she thought she could make it herself. My mom and I both tried to give pointers but were quickly reminded that this was her cake and she was going to decorate it how she wanted too.
Laura's cake decorated completely by herself.
Last year Laura got to have a friend party so this year she had to have a family party. For her family party she chose to go to ChuckE Cheese. Thanks to clips about Chuck E Cheese that are always being played on PBS my kids have been asking about it for a long time now. This was our first time at ChuckE Cheese except for Chris who went a few times as a kid. We all had a great time and I'm sure ChuckE Cheese is in our birthday celebrating future.

I had to post this picture because I actually won.


Here we are enjoying our high quality very greasy pizza. Laura said that it was the best birthday ever because everything was so fun and because Nanna was there for it.

Steven was a big fan of this guy but Laura and Aaron were not fans.
Since we celebrated Aaron's birthday two days later I could not bear to have more yucky birthday cake sitting on the counter. So I made Aaron this razzleberry pie which we ate long before the cake was all gone. I figured since he was only two I could get away with it.
He showed no signs of disappointment at the pie so I think I pulled it off this year. We will see if I'm as lucky next year.
It doesn't get much better then a new ball.

Aaron also got this new race car track as well as a few new shake and Go cars from Grandma.
A bubble blowing machine is probably a close second. Sadly it broke not long after its first use. So I guess good old fashioned blowing is probably the best way to go as far as bubbles are concerned.


2 comments:

TP said...

Birthday fun. I think the pie is a great idea and it sounds very delicious!

Unknown said...

Laura's cake is awesome! Way to go Laura! I can't believe that Aaron is all ready 2! He and Steven and little twinners. So when are you going to officially announce the protruding belly? Or did I miss that post somewhere? :)

Contributors