Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thanksgiving

th
This year for Thanksgiving Chris was on call. That means that he worked all day, all night and half of the next day. After he gets home he obviously needs to crash for the rest of the day. So he was pretty much gone for Thanksgiving. So I decided that I would to my cousin's house in New Jersey for Thanksgiving. That is were we went when we lived in Hershey because then it was only a three hour drive. From Columbus it was about nine. I had been wanting to go and visit Hershey so this was the perfect opportunity. We stayed with some friends in Hershey and had a really great time visiting with them. The first thing we did when we rolled in was go Chocolate World. The kids remembered Chocolate world and were so excited to go. After the ride they said. "Okay now we got get ice cream." We also got a few other things we wouldn't normally get. I would have to say that is the most fun we ever had at Chocolate World because the kids were sooo excited to be there.

This is the bench we always sit on to eat our candy we just got from the ride. Laura took us right to it.


They had a lot of new and different things going on that I hadn't seen before. This Reese's race car was one of them.


After Hershey we drove North to stay at my Uncle's house in Tannersville PA. We had a great time there. Then on Thanksgiving day we drove over to New Jersey. From my Uncle's house it is only a 1 hour drive.


Thanksgiving at my cousin's house is about as good as it gets. There is fancy cheese and crackers, fruit and ships to snack on all day. They have a huge basement full of toys, and awesome kids.


This year's activities even included a pinata. At the end of the day we drove back to my Uncle's house. The next morning I got up from there and drove home. I think it was about 8 hours from there. It was really a lot of driving but my kids did awesome. We only stopped twice. Even Aaron didn't give me any problems. The drive was very scenic until of course I got into Ohio. The whole trip made me miss Pennsylvania for a lot of reason but I was happy to be home and finally have a few days to spend with Chris. He really missed us even though he was at work. It was a bummer of Thanksgiving for him but there wasn't any thing I could do about it except make a great one for the kids and I.

1 comment:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

That Hershey's pic is my favorite!! Maybe they'll let me dip in my straw too! :)

Contributors