Saturday, July 11, 2009

My parents visit in May

so I realized after posting all these pictures of when my parents were here that I really should have titled it Ode to my Parents. They worked so hard and helped us out so much. We were able to do a lot of fun things but not all that we wanted to of course. My parents are the best and I am so so so so grateful for them! We had a lot of fun checking out the Air Force museum that nearby. It is one of the largest in the nation. Needless to say we breezed by everything pretty quick with Three little ones. We lots my Dad a few times because he really got engrossed into all the planes. This plane that the kids could climb in was of course their favorite thing about the whole activity.
while my parents were here Chris and my dad tiled our dinning room and kitchen floor. It was white carpet that was getting more and more stained everyday. Who puts whitel carpet in a dining room? Anyway it is wonderful and not a day goes by that I am not so grateful to them for their long hours and late nights of work.

Steven likes to pretend he is a bear and crawl into all the little caves at the end of one the hikes at Hocking hills.


Nothing like a mom to carry you when you get tired. My mom still does that!

My dad successfully taught Laura and Steven to skip rocks once we got to the waterfall at Hocking Hills. I love how you can almost stand on your head with a kid backpack on and the baby doesn't fall out. My Dad demonstrated this feature quite well while skipping rocks on Laura and Steve's level. What a great multi-tasker!
Since Hocking Hills is the coolest thing we have seen in Ohio we had to take my parents there. They were as impressed as we were.

For a second year in a row my parents helped us plant our garden.

Aaron is daddy's boy. He gets so excited the minute Chris gets home and he often follows him around the house hoping to get a little more of this kind of action.
This picture pretty much sums up my Dad and Aaron's relationship.

Not only does Aaron climb rocks but he eats them too.

Last February the neighbors across the street house burned down. One of the consequences of that was a very neglected law which my kids loved. It was literally a field of dandylions and once they turned into seed they made awesome magic wands. The first day they went over to play with the dandylions they stayed over there for over and hour. My mom captured their fun with the dandylions while she was here in May.

The first weekend of May I ran a half the Columbus city half marathon. I wasn't able to trian a lot because of Chris's schedule but I was happy with my time and It was fun to do a race. It was my first race since before I was pregnant with Aaron so it had been 2 years. It was the biggest race I've ever been in. It was kind of fun and annoying. It was fun because I was always passing someone and it was annoying because I was always bumping elbows with someone. It was incredible to look ahead and see this huge mass of runners. That was kind of inspiring to be in the middle of. My friend Jocyln also ran this race and did awesome.

3 comments:

TP said...

Fun times. It was good to hear an update. I'm glad things are going well for you guys. Parents are great and it looks like you had a blast while they where there.

Hansen Family said...

Congrats on the half!! And cute pictures by the way. I am not looking forward to bumping elbows with strangers:) in my half.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Holy Moly, every time I see pictures of you I can't believe how amazingly HOT you look!!! Your hair looks fabulous! And that picture of Aaron with the rock in his mouth, hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contributors